Admission for the 3nd round
The date of the entrance examinations for the 3nd round
The third round of the 2018/2019 admissions was been announced. You may send your applications after the date of announcement until 18 June 2018. The application form is to be sent via mail as recorded delivery on the prescribed form (to be downloaded from here) with postal stamp no later than on 18 June 2018. It will also be possible to scan and send the application form by 18 June 2018 to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and deliver the original form on the day of the entrance examination. The unified (state) entrance examination will not be a mandary part of the entrance examination. The criteria for the 3nd round of the entrance examination can be found here.
1) the average school results from all subject in the eighth and ninth year of elementary school (to be submitted only for the first term) has not exceeded the value of 1.5
2) the average school results from all subject in the eighth or ninth year of elementary school (to be submitted only for the first term) has not exceeded the value of 1.4
3) the average school results from the three following subjects (Czech language and literature, English language, Mathematics, History) in the ninth year of elementary school (to be submitted only for the first term) has not exceeded the value of 1.2, and the total school results of all subjects from the eighth and ninth year (to be submitted only for the first term) has not exceeded the value of 1.9
4) the 1st to the 5th position in a regional or district round of a Mathematical, Chemistry, Physics, Geographical or Astronomical Olympiad or an Olympiad in the Czech language or other equivalent competitions announced by the Ministry of Education, the regions or schools (like the Mathematical Kangaroo or the Beaver of Informatics and others)
5) passing a certified language examination from English, German or Spanish on A2 level and higher (like KET, PET, FIN in DEUTSCH 2, FLYERS)
6) proving a current and documented membership in Mensa Czech Republic (IQ higher than or equal to 130)
7) positioning in the first 30 percent in the Logical Olympiad organised by Mensa Czech Republic in a regional round at least once during the elementary studies
8) the decision made by the headmistress of the PRIGO International Business Academy on approving type-equivalent or similar achievements listed in points 4 and 5 that are worthy of attention
9) conditions for the school entrance examination of general study prerequisites have been met
For all subjects of study, if an applicant meets at least one of the criteria listed in points 1-8), a total of 100 points will be automatically awarded to the overall score. An applicant can obtain a maximum of 50 points for the school part of the entrance examination listed in point 9). The school part must be completed again for the third round of the admission procedure, and the school part of the first or second round of the entrance examination cannot be recognised.
Based on the total number of points resulting from the score of the school entrance examination in General Study Prerequisites (a maximum of 50 points) or by gaining 100 points by meeting the criteria in points 1-8), the Applicants Ranking will be compiled from the best to the worst result. The primary criterion for the applicants´ ranking is the number of received points (a maximum of 150). When marking results are identical, the average grade as per point 1) rounded to two decimal numbers may be used as a secondary criterion. Those students placed between the 1st position and the position corresponding to the ranking of the applicant placed last within the remaining capacity announced for the 3rd round of the admissions for a given subject of study will be admitted to studies.
The school entrance examination is composed of the test of general studies requirements (sample here). Depending on the test result, applicants can obtain up to 50 points. Passing the 3rd round of the admission procedure is mandatory for all applicants.
Entrance examination date
The entrance examination for the 2018/2019 school year´s 3nd round of the admission procedure was held in the PRIGO International Business Academy at 3 p.m. on 28 June 2018.
Number of admitted students
In order to maintain a high level of quality of our students and ensure individual approach, a maximum of 60 students is admitted to the Business academy subject for the 2018/2019 school year, even despite higher enrolment numbers.