Admission for the 2st round
Deadline for submitting the application
The second round of the admissions has been announced. The application form is to be sent via mail as recorded delivery on the prescribed form (to be downloaded from here) with postal stamp no later than on 24 May 2019. The application form may be also scanned and sent by 24 May 2019 to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and the original form delivered on the day of the entrance examination.
Entrance examination date
The entrance examination for the 2019/2020 school year´s 2nd round of the admission procedure was held in the PRIGO International Business Academy at 3 p.m. on 31 May 2019.
CONDITIONS FOR ADMISSIONS
An applicant can obtain a maximum of 166 points for all parts of the entrance examination: a maximum of 100 points for the state examination and a maximum of 66 points for the school part of the examination. The students who will take part in the 1st round of the entrance examinations will be ranked according to the results of both parts of the examinations. Those students who have been ranked in the interval from the 1st place to the last place within our capacities for the 1st round of the admissions for the given subject will be admitted to studies. Also those students who have gained the same number of points as the last listed applicant will be admitted to studies, too.
The entrance examination is composed from the evaluation of the following parts:
1) result of the state entrance examination (a maximum of 100 points),
2) result of the school entrance examination (a maximum of 66 points).
The state entrance examination is composed of two didactic tests: a) Czech language and literature (sample here) and b) Mathematics (sample here). Applicants receive a maximum of 50 points for the individual didactic tests. The highest possible number of points for the state examination is therefore 100 points if the applicant responds correctly to all the questions in both tests. The information on the preparatory course for the state entrance examination can be found here. The school entrance examination is composed of the test of general studies requirements (sample here). Depending on the test result, applicants may obtain up to 66 points. The information on the preparatory course for the school entrance examination can be found here.
Recognition of the school entrance examination
Applicants may be exempt from the entrance examination, or the exam may be recognised; in such case, the applicant receives the maximum of 66 points without the need to pass the test of general studies requirements, if at least one of the following criteria is met. In the case of a request for the recognition of the school part of entrance examination according to points 4 to 8, enclosing a statutory declaration with attachments is a necessary condition (to download from here). The statutory declaration is an integral part of the application form.
1) the average school results from all subject in the eighth and ninth year of elementary school (to be submitted only for the first term) has not exceeded the value of 1.5
2) the average school results from all subject in the eighth or ninth year of elementary school (to be submitted only for the first term) has not exceeded the value of 1.4
3) the average school results from the three following subjects (Czech language and literature, English language, Mathematics, History) in the ninth year of elementary school (to be submitted only for the first term) has not exceeded the value of 1.2, and the total school results of all subjects from the eighth and ninth year (to be submitted only for the first term) has not exceeded the value of 1.9
4) the 1st to the 5th position in a regional or district round of a Mathematical, Chemistry, Physics, Geographical or Astronomical Olympiad or an Olympiad in the Czech language or other equivalent competitions announced by the Ministry of Education, the regions or schools (like the Mathematical Kangaroo or the Beaver of Informatics and others)
5) passing a certified language examination from English, German or Spanish on A2 level and higher (like KET, PET, FIN in DEUTSCH 2, FLYERS)
6) proving a current and documented membership in Mensa Czech Republic (IQ higher than or equal to 130)
7) positioning in the first 30 percent in the Logical Olympiad organised by Mensa Czech Republic in a regional round at least once during the elementary studies
8) the decision made by the headmistress of the PRIGO International Business Academy on approving type-equivalent or similar achievements listed in points 4 and 5 that are worthy of attention
Number of admitted students
In order to maintain a high level of quality of our students and ensure individual approach, a maximum of 60 students is admitted to the Business academy subject for the 2019/2020 school year, even despite higher enrolment numbers.